|Public transportation in Stratford began with Stratford Coach Lines Ltd. in March of 1930. Their operations
were relatively short lived, as on November 6, 1933, the Cities Bus Service Company Ltd. took over operations.
This company continued to provide service until 1950, when the system once again changed hands. Stratford
Coach Lines Ltd., a private operator that was a subsidiary of Bluebird Coach Lines Ltd., also only provided
service for a short time, as in 1952, the current Stratford Transit took over the service. Operated by the City of
Stratford Public Utilities Commission (PUC), the city continues to provide service to this date.
|Rollsigns from Stratford, ON
|Stratford Transit GMC T6H-4523N #7730, the bus this rollsign
is from, is seen exiting Market Place (the name of the street the
downtown transfer point is on), to northbound Wellington St.,
September 19, 1998. This bus was retired in 2009.
|Stratford Transit GMC T6H-4523N #8037, the bus this rollsign
was first in, is seen at the City Hall terminal on Market Place (the
street the downtown transfer point is on), September 19, 1998.
|These two pictures show Woodstock Transit GMC T6H-4523N #17, formerly Stratford Transit
#7731 and the bus this rollsign was off of, at Woodstock Transit's municipal yard, September 16,
2009. The bus had just been retired after a recent collision (seen in the photo above). Before
removal, this Stratford Transit rollsign is still seen in the bus, in the lower photo.
|Hit the SUBSCRIBE ICON at the end of the video! ↑
On RG's YouTube channel, give it a THUMBS UP,
and hit the BELL to be notified of new uploads!