|Rollsigns from Calgary, AB
MULTISCREEN INT'L INC.
MADE IN CANADA
|Public transportation in Calgary began with the Calgary Car Company Ltd. in 1905. The system was short lived,
however, running only until 1908, with it's full shutdown occurring in October of 1915. Municipal owned service
began with the Calgary Electric Railway on July 5, 1909, with the hope of leasing the service to private operation.
When that failed, the city retained the service, and renamed it the Calgary Municipal Railway in the early part of
1910. During their operation it underwent outward expansion, and introduced bus service in 1931. On July 19,
1946, the system name changed again, to Calgary Transit System. During this encarnation, CTS saw the
operation of both diesel and electric trolley buses. The system name changed again, to Calgary Transit on July
7, 1970. Since that date, CT saw the end of trolley bus service, and the introduction of light rail commuter
service, called the "C-Train". CT continues to operate transit in Calgary to this date.
|1957 built Canadian Car & Foundry (CCF) CD52TC Brill coach #374,
sister coach to #370 from which this sign was removed, is seen in a
scrap yard on June 4, 2016. (Photo by Ken Baker, Used with permission.)