|Site content and graphics Copyright 2004 - 2014 Joseph Chemerys. System logos are property of their respective systems. Photographs are
the sole property of their photographers. Permission must be obtained before any use or reproduction of any images or text displayed herein.
|Welcome to ROLLSIGN GALLERY!
|This site is best viewed with your monitor set to 1024 x 768 pixels.
|Showing the history of public transportation through their destination
signs with the most comprehensive collection on the web!
|This site was originally designed from December 18, 2004 to February 19, 2005.
Over time it has grown and improved, with new acquisitions, improved high resolution
rollsign images, photographs, and embedded YouTube videos.
|This site was last updated AUGUST 14, 2014.
|ROLLSIGN GALLERY is in its NINTH YEAR on the web! I want to extend a personal
THANK YOU! to everyone that has visited the site, and have helped it expand and grow by purchasing
memorabilia. Your support has made Rollsign Gallery's presence expand world wide!
|ROLLSIGN GALLERY now has several more models of electronic signs for sale from Vultron TransDOT,
Twin Vision, Axion, Gulton, and Luminator Flipdot and Horizon LED signs. Check out the revamped
Electronic Sign page in Rollsign Gallery's 'Transit Store' for the models and inventory available.
|Rollsign Gallery needs help identifying an unknown rollsign.
|For real-time updates, look for Rollsign Gallery on
|Check it out by clicking the direct link
|Click on the logos above to go to each social media site. To open it in a different window (in Windows),
right-click on the logo and select either "Open Link in New Tab" or "Open Link in New Window".
|What's new with the January 1, 2014 update:
- TWO NEW rollsigns have been added to the Toronto, Ontario section: One on the Danforth Garage page, and one on the Electric
Trolley Buses page along with one new photo.
- A NEW CITY is represented in the State of Indiana: Bloomington, IN with one NEW rollsign that has the hover over enlargements,
and one new photo.
- ONE NEW rollsign has been added to the York Region, Ontario (Markham) section.
- A NEW CITY is represented in the Province of Quebec: Laval, Quebec, with two NEW rollsigns and a photo.
- A NEW SYSTEM is represented on the Illinois page: Commuter Bus Systems with one NEW rollsign.
- The rollsign description on the Lafayette, Indiana page has been updated, and one NEW photo added.
- A NEW CITY is represented in the State of Pennsylvania: State College, PA with one NEW rollsign image that has the hover over
enlargements, and one new photo.
- The side sign on the Washinton State page (Bellingham, WA) has been upgraded to a standard scale image, and uses the hover over
- ONE NEW PAGE has been added to the Intercity Coach rollsign section: Northwestern University of Chicago, Illinois with two NEW
rollsigns and one new photo.
- The Electronic Sign List hub page has been redesigned for a less cluttered, more streamlined list of systems and list dates.
- ONE NEW ELECTRONIC SIGN LIST has been added to the Mississauga, Ontario collection: January 30, 2012.
- ONE NEW ELECTRONIC SIGN LIST has been added to the Toronto, Ontario collection: June 16, 1996.
- The Toronto, Ontario electronic sign list from March 31, 1996 has been updated to reflect which text on the signs is bold and which is
- ONE NEW ELECTRONIC SIGN LIST has been added to the Chicago PACE collection: May, 2002 from PACE's North Division.
- ONE NEW CITY and electronic sign list has been added for the State of Pennsylvania: Butler, PA with an undated list.
- ONE NEW CITY is represented for the State of Ohio: Youngstown, Ohio with THREE NEW electronic sign lists - July 14, 2000,
May 7, 2009, and Sept. 13, 2010.
- NINE NEW SIGNS and TWO NEW DRIVER'S INTERFACE DEVICES have been added to the Electronic Sign Gallery page, from both
Vultron and Luminator.
|NOTE: This site uses encoding and watermarks to deter unwanted copying
of photographs and images. - Share with security!
|What's new with the March 7, 2014 update:
- ONE NEW rollsign has been added to the Brampton, Ontario page.
- ONE NEW entry has been added to the Intercity and Private Carriers section: LosOrtega (A regional Mexican music band from
Goshen Indiana) with one new rollsign and a photo of the bus it came from.
- ONE NEW Canadian province is now represented: NEW BRUNSWICK with ONE NEW rollsign from Fredericton, NB.
- ONE NEW rollsign has been added to the State of California: Modesto, CA. - In addition, the systems represented from the State of
California have been split into separate pages, accessible from a California hub page.
- TWO NEW rollsigns have been added to the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania page, along with one photo and an embedded YouTube video.
- 19 NEW YouTUBE EMBEDDED VIDEOS OF ROLLSIGNS BEING ROLLED THROUGH HAVE BEEN ADDED ACROSS THE SITE.
The pages that have these new embedded videos are:
- Belleville, Ontario
- Burlington, Ontario
- Kingston, Ontario (Page 1)
- Newmarket, Ontario
- Owen Sound, Ontario
- Toronto, Ontario (Danforth Garage)
- Toronto, Ontario (Davenport Garage)
- Toronto, Ontario (Eglinton Garage)
- Toronto, Ontario (Lansdowne Garage)
- Toronto, Ontario (Subway System)
- Pembroke, Ontario
- Stratford, Ontario
- Windsor, Ontario
- Woodstock, Ontario
- Jackson, Mississippi
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Lima, Ohio
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Greyhound Bus Lines
Pages that have embedded YouTube rollsign videos are identified with this flag image above the page's link button:
|Banner advertising has been added to every page on the website EXCEPT for this page, the Introduction
page, the memorial to Ray Neilson page, and the Transit Store pages. The revenue generated from this will
go towards the costs of keeping Rollsign Gallery online, and any surplus will go towards new material.
|YOU CAN HELP!!! As you visit pages throughout the site, click on some ads.
Your help is FREE, and will assist in bringing new content to Rollsign Gallery!
|What's new with the August 14, 2014 update:
- The last rollsign on the Cambridge, Ontario has been upgraded to a scale image. Now all six are scale image drawings.
- ONE NEW PAGE has been added to the Province of Ontario section: Durham Region Transit with two scale rollsign images and a
photo. In addition, the Pickering, Ajax, Whitby and Oshawa, Ontario pages now have cross links to and from this new page.
- A NEW U.S. STATE is represented: Connecticut, with TWO NEW rollsigns added, one from New Haven and one from Waterbury.
- ONE NEW rollsign has been added to the State of Illinois section, Rockford, IL. With this change, a new hub page was created for the
state. Each city or service represented can be accessed from there.
- A NEW U.S. STATE is represented: Minnesota, with ONE NEW rollsign added from Eden Prairie, MN (a suburb of Minneapolis).
- The December 22, 1986 side rollsign from the Milwaukee, Wisconsin - Kinnickinnic Garage page has been upgraded to a scale image.
- ONE NEW rollsign has been added to the country of England page: A route number blind from London Transport - Hackney Depot.
In addition, a guide showing the identification letters and their corresponding placements on a Routemaster bus has also been added.
- FIVE NEW electronic sign lists have been added: Atlanta, Georgia (May 2014) - Indianapolis, Indiana (June 4, 2009 and October 29,
2010) - New York City, NY - Farfax County, Virginia (Fairfax Connector, March 13, 2008).
- TWO NEW ELECTRONIC SIGNS and THREE NEW DRIVER'S INTERFACE DEVICES have been added to the Electronic Sign
Gallery page, from Twin Vision and Axion.
- The Electronic Sign page in the TRANSIT STORE has been updated to include NEW inventory from Luminator, Twin Vision and Axion.
- Links to off site locations like Facebook & Twitter have been modified so that they open in a new tab window instead of the same one.