|Site content and graphics Copyright 2004 - 2015 Joseph Chemerys. System logos are property of their respective systems. Photographs are
the sole property of their photographers. Permission must be obtained before any use or reproduction of any images or text displayed herein.
|Welcome to ROLLSIGN GALLERY!
|This site is best viewed with your monitor set to 1024 x 768 pixels.
|Showing the history of public transportation through their destination
signs with the most comprehensive collection on the web!
|This site was originally designed from December 18, 2004 to February 19, 2005.
Over time it has grown and improved, with new acquisitions, improved high resolution
rollsign images, photographs, and embedded YouTube videos.
|This site was last updated JULY 12, 2015.
|ROLLSIGN GALLERY is celebrating its 10TH ANNIVERSARY online! I want to extend a personal
THANK YOU! to everyone that has visited the site, and have helped it expand and grow by purchasing
memorabilia. Your support has made Rollsign Gallery's presence expand world wide!
|Several rollsign and electronic sign pages throughout the site have YouTube videos of the signs featured.
These web pages can be identified with the flag image " ". Check out Rollsign Gallery's YouTube
channel, featuring all the videos on here plus additional features and informational videos by clicking HERE.
|Rollsign Gallery needs help identifying an unknown rollsign.
|For real-time updates, look for Rollsign Gallery on
|Check it out by clicking the direct link
|Click on the logos above to go to each social media site. They will open in a new browser tab.
|NOTE: This site uses encoding and watermarks to deter unwanted copying
of photographs and images. - Share with security!
|Banner advertising has been added to every page on the website EXCEPT for this page, the Introduction
page, the memorial to Ray Neilson page, and the Transit Store pages. The revenue generated from this will
go towards the costs of keeping Rollsign Gallery online, and any surplus will go towards new material.
|YOU CAN HELP!!! As you visit pages throughout the site, click on some ads.
Your help is FREE, and will assist in bringing new content to Rollsign Gallery!
|What's new with the July 12, 2015 update:
- The last two rollsigns in the Kingston, Ontario section (Page 2) have been upgraded to scale drawings. Now all thirteen are scale image
- TWO NEW scale rollsigns have been added to the Kitchener, Ontario page. Both signs donated to Rollsign Gallery by John McDonnell.
- A NEW U.S. STATE is represented: Alabama, with THREE NEW rollsigns added, all from Montgomery, Alabama.
- A NEW U.S. STATE is represented: Louisiana, with ONE NEW rollsign and bus photo from Jefferson Parish, Louisiana.
- TWO NEW ROLLSIGNS have been added to the New York City, NY page: One from the subway system and a RARE manufacturer's
demonstration rollsign sample from Westchester Bee Line.
- ONE NEW CITY is represented: Racine, Wisconsin with ONE NEW rollsign image and one bus photo.
- Along with the new Racine, Wisconsin rollsign page addition, a new hub page has been created for the State of Wisconsin.
- ONE NEW rollsign has been added to the Intercity/Private Carriers section: Indiana University with ONE NEW rollsign image and a
- BEHIND THE SCENES: A project is in progress to convert all of Rollsign Gallery's web pages to be in line with new editing software.
During this conversion, there should be no interruptions, unaccessible pages or broken links. If any should appear, please email me so
the error(s) can be corrected. THANK YOU!
|What's new with the January 1, 2015 update:
- ONE NEW CITY is represented in the Province of Ontario: Chatham, with one new rollsign image and photos of the sign box it came in.
- The last two rollsign images on the Sarnia, Ontario page have been upgraded to scale images. Now all the rollsigns images on that page
are scale images.
- TWO NEW CITIES are represented from the Province of Alberta: Edmonton and Medicine Hat, with one rollsign image and one
photograph each. With these additions, the systems represented in Alberta have each been given their own web pages, and are
now accessible from a new Alberta hub page.
- ONE NEW CITY is represented in the State of Michigan: Grand Rapids, with two new rollsign images. With this addition, the systems
represented in Michigan have each been given their own web pages, and are accessible from a new Michigan hub page.
- ONE NEW rollsign has been added to represent Westchester County, NY. With this addition, there is a new Westchester County web
page, and the demonstration sign entry added to the New York City web page in the last update has been moved to this new page.
- ONE NEW entry has been added to the Dayton, Ohio page: A side route number card frame from a Marmon Herrington electric trolley
bus, along with two photos of the buses that used these route number frames.
- ONE NEW CITY is represented from the State of Ohio: Norwood, Ohio, with two new rollsign images, one photo and the system history.
- ONE NEW WORLD COUNTRY is represented: ISRAEL, with two new route/destination card images from the city of Haifa, Israel.
- The system and service history has been added to the Keeshin Charter Service page in the Intercity Carriers section.
- TWO NEW Balios electronic sign entries, a NEW Gulton Control Console entry, a NEW Luminator ODK entry, and a NEW Balios
keypad entry have all been added to the Electronic Sign Collection Gallery in the Electronic Sign section.
|What's new with the April 5, 2015 update:
- ONE NEW scale rollsign has been added to the London, Ontario page, along with one new photo of the bus it came from.
- ONE NEW scale rollsign has been added to the Guelph, Ontario page.
- ONE NEW CANADIAN PROVINCE is represented: Nova Scotia, with one new rollsign image and system history from Halifax/
Dartmouth. Access to this new page by clicking on the Nova Scotia province on the map of North America on the home page.
- ONE NEW U.S. STATE is represented: Iowa, with one new rollsign image, photo and history from Cedar Rapids. Access to this new
page by clicking on the Iowa state on the map of North America on the home page.
- ONE NEW U.S. STATE is represented: Tennessee, with one new rollsign image from Memphis. Access to this new page by clicking on
the Tennessee state on the map of North America on the home page.
- The last rollsign on the Fiebrantz Garage page in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin section has been upgraded to a scale image. Now all
rollsigns on that page are scale images.
- ONE NEW INTERCITY CARRIER is represented: Indian Trails of Owosso, Michigan, with two new rollsign images, one photo, and the
- TWO NEW ELECTRONIC SIGN LISTS have been added: CTA Chicago, Illinois and Vanderbilt University (Nashville, Tennessee).
- ONE NEW ELECTRONIC SIGN has been added to the Electronic Sign Gallery: A Luminator LCD:MAX (liquid crystal display) side sign.
- CORRECTION: On the last update, a new page was added to represent Westchester County, NY "Bee Line" with one new rollsign and
the demo rollsign moved to this page, but a link from the New York state hub page was not added. That link is now there and active.