|Welcome to ROLLSIGN GALLERY!
|This site is compatible with both desktop or laptop computers and smart phones or tablets.
|Showing the history of public transportation through their destination
signs with the most comprehensive collection on the web!
|This site was originally designed from December 18, 2004 to February 19, 2005.
Over time it has grown and improved, with new acquisitions, improved high resolution
rollsign images, photographs, and embedded YouTube videos.
|This site was last updated SEPTEMBER 12, 2017.
|Going in to its 12th year online, ROLLSIGN GALLERY is compatible on computers and now tablets and smart
phones! I want to extend a personal THANK YOU! to everyone that has visited the site, and have helped it expand
and grow by purchasing memorabilia. Your support has made Rollsign Gallery's presence expand world wide!
|Several rollsign and electronic sign pages throughout the site have YouTube videos of the signs featured.
These web pages can be identified with the flag image " ". Check out Rollsign Gallery's YouTube
channel, featuring all the videos on here plus additional features and informational videos by clicking HERE.
|Now all webpages are both computer and smart phone compatible! You can clearly browse Rollsign Gallery
on any platform. In addition, an updated watermarking process has been implemented to protect images.
|For real-time updates, look for Rollsign Gallery on
|Click or tap on the logos above to go to each social media site. They will open in a new browser tab.
More social network options are inside on the home page.
|NOTE: This site uses encoding and watermarks to deter unwanted
copying of photographs and images. - Share with security!
|Banner advertising has been added to every page on the website EXCEPT for this page, the Introduction
page, the memorial to Ray Neilson page, and the Transit Store pages. The revenue generated from this will
go towards the costs of keeping Rollsign Gallery online, and any surplus will go towards new material.
|YOU CAN HELP!!! As you visit pages throughout the site, click on some ads.
Your help is FREE, and will assist in bringing new content to Rollsign Gallery!
|What's new with the September 12, 2017 update:
- ONE NEW CITY is represented from the Province of Alberta: Fort McMurray, with one new rollsign image and one
photograph. It is accessed through the Alberta hub page.
- ONE NEW CITY is represented from the State of California: Los Angeles, with one new rollsign image and a map
showing where the routes on the rollsign fall within the greater Los Angeles area. It is accessed through the California
- ONE NEW SYSTEM is represented from Washington, D.C.: SuperShuttle, with one new rollsign image and one
photograph. It is accessed through the D.C./Maryland hub page.
- ONE NEW LINEN ROLLSIGN has been added to the Cincinnati, Ohio page. It is accessed through the Ohio hub page.
- The remaining few web pages that had yet been updated to the new computer/smart phone format and more secure
watermarking have now been completed. Rollsign Gallery is now 100% accessible on all devices.
- ONE NEW ROLLSIGN has been added to the Cambridge, Ontario page. It is accessed through the Ontario hub page.
- ONE NEW ROLLSIGN has been added to the Kitchener, Ontario page. It is accessed through the Ontario hub page.
|What's new with the January 1, 2017 update:
- THE LAST REMAINING ROLLSIGN on the Kitchener Transit page has been upgraded to a scale image. Now all rollsigns
on the Kitchener Transit page are scale images. It is accessible through the Ontario provincial hub page.
- THREE NEW ROLLSIGNS have been added to the Quebec City page. They are accessible through the Quebec
provincial hub page.
- ONE NEW CITY is represented from the State of California: San Francisco MUNI with one new rollsign image. It is
accessibe through the California state hub page.
- ONE NEW ROLLSIGN has been added to the Cedar Rapids, Iowa page. It is accessible through the NEW IOWA STATE
- ONE NEW CITY is represented from the State of Iowa: Iowa City, Iowa with two new rollsign images and one new photo.
These are all accessible through the NEW IOWA STATE HUB PAGE.
- ONE NEW ROLLSIGN has been added to the Intercity section: Salt Lake City (Utah) Airport Shuttle with one new rollsign
image. It is accessible through the Intercity Carriers hub page.
- ONE NEW ELECTRONIC SIGN LIST PAGE has been added: Luminator Horizon Demo program, with destinations from
Los Angeles (California) Metro transit system.
- ONE NEW ROLLSIGN has been added to the Burlington Transit page. It is accessible through the Ontario provincial
- ONE NEW ROLLSIGN has been added to the GO Transit section (Page 2). In addition, the sole set of older coloured
rollsigns on Page 2 has been moved to Page 1. Now, the coloured era is exclusively on Page 1 and the Black and Yellow
era is excusively on Page 2. All of this is accessible through the Ontario provincial hub page.
- EVEN MORE BEHIND THE SCENES: Along with the changes to the watermarking process, experiments are underway to
make all of Rollsign Gallery's web pages more smart phone friendly. These changes should help eliminate such issues
as formatting errors and overlapping text on various pages. The pages added or updated on January 1st have some of
the experiments applied to them. If there are any issues that still occur on these new pages, feel free to send me a
screen capture of the error(s) so they can be dealt with. THANK YOU!
|What's new with the April 11, 2017 update:
- THE TWO UNIDENTIFIED ROLLSIGNS' ORIGINS HAVE BEEN SOLVED!
...the "SEE WINDOW SIGN" insert is from Mansfield, Ohio (Richland County Transit). As a result, a NEW PAGE has been
created for Mansfield, Ohio, with a history of transit in Richland County, Ohio.
...the "Puppet Prospectors" DENVER rollsign segment is from the now defunct Colorado Transportation Co. service
under Gray Line. As a result, all the images and data have been transferred to a new Colorado Transportation Co. page,
accessible from the Intercity Carriers hub page. The Unidentified Systems link has been deactivated.
- ONE NEW PAGE has been added to the state of Pennsylvania. Lehigh Valley Transit "Liberty Bell Route" linen rollsign
with one photo and the history of the system. It is accessed through the Pennsylvania hub page.
- ONE NEW LINEN ROLLSIGN segment has been added to the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania hub page. It is accessed
through the Pennsylvania hub page.
- ONE NEW WORLD COUNTRY IS NOW REPRESENTED: Australia, with two new rollsigns... Brisbane with a linen route
number rollsign, and Sydney with a mylar rollsign segment. Other data and photos from each system are also included.
This new page can be accessed from the "International Signs..." section of the home page.
- ONE NEW PRIVATE CARRIER is represented: Canadian Airlines (shuttle service) with one new rollsign image and the
history of Canadian Airlines.
- THE OVER THREE MONTH LONG PROCESS TO UPGRADE TO ROLLSIGN GALLERY'S APPEARANCE IS COMPLETE! All web
pages have been upgraded to make them smart phone friendly. The current format will allow anyone to view Rollsign
Gallery now, whether on a smart phone or tablet, or on a desktop or laptop computer. All functions, embedded videos,
rollsign enlargement features and purchase links have been verified to work on all platforms. It also allowed me to
update various images and texts, and to correct some spelling or grammar errors. In addition, the watermarking
process for images has also been upgraded to make the images posted and shared even more difficult to steal.
- TWO NEW PHOTOS have been added to the Toronto Transit Commission section, one on the Eglinton Garage page and
one on the Malvern Garage page. In addition, photos of the all the buses with the 1995 mylars from each individual
garage have also been added to the 1995 Mylars page. All these changes can be accessed through the Ontario hub
page, then the Toronto hub page.
- ONE NEW STATE is represented: Vermont, with one new rollsign from Deerfield Valley (Wilmington/Dover). It is
accessed from the State of Vermont on the North America map on the home page.
- TWO NEW ELECTRONIC SIGNS are represented from my personal collection: Twin Vision All LED front and side signs.
They can be viewed from the link on the Electronic Signs hub page.
- DIRECT ACCESS TO ROLLSIGN GALLERY'S YOUTUBE CHANNEL is now available from the home page under the "Social
- THE ELECTRONIC SIGN DEPARTMENT of the Transit Store has been updated to include new electronic sign units and
accessories that are available for sale.