|Site content and graphics Copyright 2004 - 2015 Joseph Chemerys. System logos are property of their respective systems. Photographs are
the sole property of their photographers. Permission must be obtained before any use or reproduction of any images or text displayed herein.
|Welcome to ROLLSIGN GALLERY!
|This site is best viewed with your monitor set to 1024 x 768 pixels.
|Showing the history of public transportation through their destination
signs with the most comprehensive collection on the web!
|This site was originally designed from December 18, 2004 to February 19, 2005.
Over time it has grown and improved, with new acquisitions, improved high resolution
rollsign images, photographs, and embedded YouTube videos.
|This site was last updated JANUARY 1, 2015.
|ROLLSIGN GALLERY is celebrating its 10TH ANNIVERSARY online! I want to extend a personal
THANK YOU! to everyone that has visited the site, and have helped it expand and grow by purchasing
memorabilia. Your support has made Rollsign Gallery's presence expand world wide!
|ROLLSIGN GALLERY now has several more models of electronic signs for sale from Vultron TransDOT,
Twin Vision, Axion, Gulton, and Luminator Flipdot and Horizon LED signs. Check out the revamped
Electronic Sign page in Rollsign Gallery's 'Transit Store' for the models and inventory available.
|Rollsign Gallery needs help identifying an unknown rollsign.
|For real-time updates, look for Rollsign Gallery on
|Check it out by clicking the direct link
|Click on the logos above to go to each social media site. To open it in a different window (in Windows),
right-click on the logo and select either "Open Link in New Tab" or "Open Link in New Window".
|What's new with the March 7, 2014 update:
|NOTE: This site uses encoding and watermarks to deter unwanted copying
of photographs and images. - Share with security!
|What's new with the August 14, 2014 update:
- ONE NEW rollsign has been added to the Brampton, Ontario page.
- ONE NEW entry has been added to the Intercity and Private Carriers section: LosOrtega (A regional Mexican music band from
Goshen Indiana) with one new rollsign and a photo of the bus it came from.
- ONE NEW Canadian province is now represented: NEW BRUNSWICK with ONE NEW rollsign from Fredericton, NB.
- ONE NEW rollsign has been added to the State of California: Modesto, CA. - In addition, the systems represented from the State of
California have been split into separate pages, accessible from a California hub page.
- TWO NEW rollsigns have been added to the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania page, along with one photo and an embedded YouTube video.
- 19 NEW YouTUBE EMBEDDED VIDEOS OF ROLLSIGNS BEING ROLLED THROUGH HAVE BEEN ADDED ACROSS THE SITE.
The pages that have these new embedded videos are:
- Belleville, Ontario
- Burlington, Ontario
- Kingston, Ontario (Page 1)
- Newmarket, Ontario
- Owen Sound, Ontario
- Toronto, Ontario (Danforth Garage)
- Toronto, Ontario (Davenport Garage)
- Toronto, Ontario (Eglinton Garage)
- Toronto, Ontario (Lansdowne Garage)
- Toronto, Ontario (Subway System)
- Pembroke, Ontario
- Stratford, Ontario
- Windsor, Ontario
- Woodstock, Ontario
- Jackson, Mississippi
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Lima, Ohio
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Greyhound Bus Lines
Pages that have embedded YouTube rollsign videos are identified with this flag image above the page's link button:
|Banner advertising has been added to every page on the website EXCEPT for this page, the Introduction
page, the memorial to Ray Neilson page, and the Transit Store pages. The revenue generated from this will
go towards the costs of keeping Rollsign Gallery online, and any surplus will go towards new material.
|YOU CAN HELP!!! As you visit pages throughout the site, click on some ads.
Your help is FREE, and will assist in bringing new content to Rollsign Gallery!
|What's new with the January 1, 2015 update:
- The last two rollsigns in the Kingston, Ontario section (Page 2) have been upgraded to scale drawings. Now all thirteen are scale image
- TWO NEW scale rollsigns have been added to the Kitchener, Ontario page. Both signs donated to Rollsign Gallery by John McDonnell.
- A NEW U.S. STATE is represented: Alabama, with THREE NEW rollsigns added, all from Montgomery, Alabama.
- A NEW U.S. STATE is represented: Louisiana, with ONE NEW rollsign and bus photo from Jefferson Parish, Louisiana.
- TWO NEW ROLLSIGNS have been added to the New York City, NY page: One from the subway system and a RARE manufacturer's
demonstration rollsign sample from Westchester Bee Line.
- ONE NEW CITY is represented: Racine, Wisconsin with ONE NEW rollsign image and one bus photo.
- Along with the new Racine, Wisconsin rollsign page addition, a new hub page has been created for the State of Wisconsin.
- ONE NEW rollsign has been added to the Intercity/Private Carriers section: Indiana University with ONE NEW rollsign image and a
- BEHIND THE SCENES: A project is in progress to convert all of Rollsign Gallery's web pages to be in line with new editing software.
During this conversion, there should be no interruptions, unaccessible pages or broken links. If any should appear, please email me so
the error(s) can be corrected. THANK YOU!
- The last rollsign on the Cambridge, Ontario has been upgraded to a scale image. Now all six are scale image drawings.
- ONE NEW PAGE has been added to the Province of Ontario section: Durham Region Transit with two scale rollsign images and a
photo. In addition, the Pickering, Ajax, Whitby and Oshawa, Ontario pages now have cross links to and from this new page.
- A NEW U.S. STATE is represented: Connecticut, with TWO NEW rollsigns added, one from New Haven and one from Waterbury.
- ONE NEW rollsign has been added to the State of Illinois section, Rockford, IL. With this change, a new hub page was created for the
state. Each city or service represented can be accessed from there.
- A NEW U.S. STATE is represented: Minnesota, with ONE NEW rollsign added from Eden Prairie, MN (a suburb of Minneapolis).
- The December 22, 1986 side rollsign from the Milwaukee, Wisconsin - Kinnickinnic Garage page has been upgraded to a scale image.
- ONE NEW rollsign has been added to the country of England page: A route number blind from London Transport - Hackney Depot.
In addition, a guide showing the identification letters and their corresponding placements on a Routemaster bus has also been added.
- FIVE NEW electronic sign lists have been added: Atlanta, Georgia (May 2014) - Indianapolis, Indiana (June 4, 2009 and October 29,
2010) - New York City, NY - Farfax County, Virginia (Fairfax Connector, March 13, 2008).
- TWO NEW ELECTRONIC SIGNS and THREE NEW DRIVER'S INTERFACE DEVICES have been added to the Electronic Sign
Gallery page, from Twin Vision and Axion.
- The Electronic Sign page in the TRANSIT STORE has been updated to include NEW inventory from Luminator, Twin Vision and Axion.
- Links to off site locations like Facebook & Twitter have been modified so that they open in a new tab window instead of the same one.